$1B+ Annual Revenues - Brian Smith, Ugg Boots
57 minutes · 2018
Listen to the full episode here:
From the beaches of Malibu to a multi-million dollar international business, listen in and learn from Brian Smith as he tells his story of how he founded one of the most well-known brands in shoes.
In this episode, Steve, Mary, Richard and Brian Smith discuss:
• The origins of UGG and how it became what it is today
• The most important epiphany moments he had as he scaled the company and when they hit
• What it takes to go from an idea to an enterprise
• The right way to use marketing and advertising to grow your business
• It’s not how big you are that counts…It’s how big you are perceivedto be.
• When you hit a wall, you have to be willing to pivot
• Be willing to look for new niches and new avenues – you never know what you’ll find
• Bring in employees to take the busyness out of your business and do the tasks that drain you so you can scale your company.
“If you’re an entrepreneur out there thinking you’ve missed the boat, you haven’t even come close yet."— Brian Smith
About Brian: Brian Smith, Founder of the world famous UGG Australia Brand.
Graduating in 1978 as a Chartered Accountant in Australia, Brian came to California looking for the next big opportunity to bring back to Australia.
While studying at the UCLA Graduate School of Management he observed that there was no sheepskin footwear in the US.
With only $500 in capital, he imported boot samples and over the next seventeen years built the UGG Australia brand into a multi-million dollar international enterprise. He sold in 1995 and the brand has continued to grow to exceed a billion dollars in annual sales for the past six years.
Brian is one of the most sought-after International business leaders in the country today. He is committed to teaching entrepreneurs how to leverage their most precious assets from within, and to recognize and pursue their passions to create a fulfilling and successful life.
Brian has authored the book “The Birth of a Brand – Launching Your Entrepreneurial Passion and Soul”, is a sought-after Keynote speaker and mentors small business owners.
He spends his time with his family and friends in Southern California and enjoys surfing and contributing to humanity.
Connect with Brian Smith:
Book: The Birth of a Brand
Connect with Steve Olsher:
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/u/1/+SteveOlsher