The Real Strategies Top Achievers Use To Create Results with Jeff Haden
52:21 · 2018
In this episode we discuss the habits of high achievers, the motivation myth, dig deep into habits, routines, and strategies you can use to achieve more in less time, balancing hustle and hard work vs recovery and much more with our guest Jeff Haden.
Jeff is a contributing editor for Inc.com , author, and ghostwriter. Jeff has ghostwritten nearly 40 non-fiction books including four amazon best sellers. He is the author of the upcoming book The Motivation Myth: How High Achievers Really Set Themselves Up To Win and his articles for Inc.com were read by over 20 million people in 2016 alone.
• How Jeff achieved his dream and realized it wasn't nearly as exciting as he thought it would be
• Top achievers don't have special sauce - its hard work and hustle that gets them there
• In interviewing and studying top achievers and the lessons from studying them
• The power of process and the power of routine
• Map out and create a blueprint of what you want to do
• The power of doing the right things every day without fail
• How do we find out what the right things to do are?
• Find someone who has achieved what you want to do, look at what they did to get there, create a blueprint based off of that and execute it
• You don't need to reinvent the wheel
• The hard part is actually what gets you to where you want to be
• Motivation comes from action and progress - not the other way around
• Your muse comes from action, you get ideas from doing things, you get inspiration from getting out there and getting started
• 2 quick and easy tricks to be as productive as possible every day
• A fantastic daily productivity strategy you can implement right away
• Setting your daily MIT every week to avoid decision fatigue and make high leverage choices every week
• "I can’t” vs “I don’t” and what research reveals about using one phrase vs the other
• The benefits of working out in the morning
• How to generate energy in the afternoon with small rest periods
• How do you balance hard work and hustle with recovery?
• High leverage thinking, focusing questions, and avoiding busywork
• The “breaking a sweat” principle - starting with the smallest thing possible
• How do you deal with big, far off goals? “the distance between here and there”
• How Jeff did 100,000 pushups in a year
• Set big goals, but focus on the routine/process every single day to execute
• How talking about your intentions and big goals can actually prevent you from achieving them
• How Jeff want from being a factory manager to a prolific writer, writing more than 40 books and countless articles
• Jeff’s daily writing habit and how he developed it
• Break down into parts, and execute each of those component parts by day