How To Listen To Your Emotions, Recover From Trauma, and Control Your Brain Waves with Rene Brent
54 minutes · 2018
In this episode, we discuss why you can’t out-think your emotions, the relationship between trauma and our mind/body connection, how to start listening to your emotions, the power of hypnosis, and how to drop into your body to experience what you’re truly feeling with Rene Brent.
Rene is a Certified Clinical and Transpersonal Hypnotherapist. She is the Director and Instructor of the Externship Program at the Orlando Florida Institute of Hypnotherapy. She’s also the bestselling author of How Big is Your But: Discover How To Let Go Of Blocks And Move Forward In Your Life.
• How working as a trauma nurse deepened Rene’s understanding of the mind/body connection
• How our thoughts control our body chemistry and physical reactions
• What is hypnosis and how does it work?
• How Rene approaches hypnosis from a science-based perspective and how hypnosis impacts your brain waves
• The difference between alpha brain waves and beta brain waves
• The relationship between hypnosis and flow states
• How we can get caught in conscious thought loops that prevent us from experiencing our emotions
• What happens when we consciously suppress our subconscious thoughts and feelings?
• How the subconscious mind bubbles up and tries to get you to listen
• How being very busy with your external life can prevent you from looking at your internal life
• True joy only exists when you start experiencing emotions and listening to your subconscious mind
• You cannot out-think your emotions, positive thinking doesn't work when you’re in a survival state
• How something that happens in childhood can imprint a false belief that can impact you for your entire life
• Communication is not what you said, it's what the other person heard
• How do you listen more effectively to your subconscious mind?
• How to push a pause button and pattern interrupt in the subconscious brain
• Why you cannot heal something until you bring it up from the subconscious mind
• The power of breathing and breath exercises
• Anxiety is not an emotion, its a symptom of fear
• Emotions amplify when we push them down, they release when we allow them to happen
• While you may not have words for your emotions, your physical body is your emotional GPS
• The “felt sense” of emotion and how you feel it in your body
• When you drop into your body, you’re actually dropping into your subconscious mind
• If the heart is quiet and you pay attention, the mind will be still
• The pattern of how events create beliefs, beliefs create emotions, and emotions create symptoms
• How targeting the subconscious mind rapidly speeds up interventions
• The power of forgiveness and working with your inner child
• How negative self-talk is counter productive
• Why SLEEP is the fundamental pillar of psychological wellbeing