Bacon/Cheese Stuffed Chicken Marsala (Demo & Recipe
12:47 · 2018
Learn how to make classic Chicken Marsala stuffed. Champion will teach you the art of pan searing and butterflying a chicken breast. See recipe below.
Stuffed Breast of Chicken with Wild Mushroom Marsala Cream Sauce
Serves 4 to 6
INGREDIENTS QUANTITY PROCEDURE
Avocado Oil As needed About ¼ cup
Chicken Breast 4 medium breast
Creole Seasoning To taste 2 tablespoons Or 1 tablespoon of salt and pepper mix
Apple Smoked Bacon 1 pound Fully cooked and cut into ½ inch squares
Pepper Jack Cheese 8 ounces Shredded cheese blend
Marsala Wine Sauce
Fresh garlic 3 clove Small diced
Baby Portabellas 8 to 10 Sliced or your favorite mushrooms
Shallots 1 small Diced
Vadka ¼ cup Or your favorite dark liqour
Taylor 1880 Marsala Wine 2 cup Reduced by half (or your favorite red wine)
Chicken broth or base 2 cup Reduced by half
Heavy whipping cream ¼ cup
Corn Starch Slurry 2 tables. Or as needed Mix 1 table. Of cornstarch with 1 table. Of wine.
Real Butter 1 tablespoon (Optional)
Directions for prepping the chicken:
1. Using a filet knife, butterfly each chicken breast. Line each chicken breast on a piece of serein wrap. Add another piece of serein rap over the top of the opened butterflied chicken breast. Using a mallet with medium force, pound the chicken as thin as possible, but not too thin. Remove plastic from chicken. Make sure the chicken has the inside facing up. Sprinkle the inside of the chicken lightly with creole seasoning.
2. Add about 2 tablespoon of cheese to each chicken breast. Then divide the cooked bacon among each chicken breast. Using you finger tips carefully roll each chicken breast in an away that is away from your body. Roll as tight as possible. Secure the crease on each chicken using 4 inch secure or you can tight them using butchers twine. Coat each chicken breast with a little olive oil and season generously all over with the remaining creole seasoning.
Directions for Chicken:
1. On high heat, using a large skillet; heat oil to about 400 degrees. Note: The oil should be smoking hot. Using a paper towel pat the chicken breast dry and slowly add to the hot oil making sure not to splash. Sear chicken for about 3 minutes on each side or until you have a nice golden brown crust. (This will help seal in the juices and maximize the flavor.)
2. Add chicken to a shallow baking dish big enough to fit the chicken in and pour ¼ cup of Marsala wine over. Finish cooking in a pre-heated oven at 300 degrees for about 15 minutes or until chicken is white all the way through (about 155 degrees). Remove chicken from oven and set aside to allow the juices to settle in the breast and carryover cook to reach about 160 degrees.
Direction for Sauce:
1. In the same pan turn the burner on medium. Note: scrap out any burnt particles in your pan. When oil is hot add the mushrooms, shallot, and garlic and sauté for about 2-3 minutes; add the brandy and flambé (ignite, stirring constantly making sure you collect all that yummy goodness left from the chicken).
2. Add the wine and chicken stock and allow reducing by half. Add the heavy cream and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes. Turn the stove on a low head and add the butter, mixing well for about 1 minute or until the butter is fully melted. Turn the stove back on high and coo until the sauce thickens and has a creamy texture.
For more information check our our site at http://chefchampion.com/