Blackened Ahi Tuna with Blackberry Balsamic Glaze on Finger Sushi Class (Demo & Recipe)
10 minutes · 2018
We walk you down the art of searing in this Cajun/Japanese infusion. Test your skills out on this quick and easy recipe. See below for recipe!
Blackened Tuna/Nigiri Sushi with Raspberry Balsamic Glaze Makes about 15 to 20 finger Nigiri sized molds
INGREDIENTS QU QUANTITY PROCEDURE
Wild Tuna 10 ounces Block Ahi or Yellow Fin/cut 1 ½ inch thick
Avocado Oil ¼ cup Or an cooking oil with a high smoke
Sushi Rice About 2 cups Cooked/See recipe
Seafood Blackening Season About ¼ cup Or any Cajun Seasoning
Raspberry Balsamic Vinaigrette ¾ cup Reduced by half it is not thick
Green Onion About ¼ cup Rough chopped for garnish
Directions for the Tuna
1. Set tuna on a small plate and coat all 4 sides with the blackening seasoning. Allow to sit for 5 minutes. Using a small skillet add the avocado oil and turn on medium high heat until the oil starts to smoke. Carefully add the seasoning tuna to the hot oil and allow cooking for about 2 minutes or until the surface has a nice black caramelize color. Turn to the other side and repeat the same.
2. Remove tuna from hot oil and place on a small plate. Allow to cool completely before slicing. About 5 minutes.
3. When cool try and cut the exact shape and diameter of the mold for best presentation. Slice the tuna very thin long ways so you can roll up if you choose. Set aside and wait for the rice mold.
Directions for the Rice Mold
1. Slice the cucumber in half to make it easy to handle. Slice slices about 1/8 inch thick. Cut the cucumber to the shape of the mold which will be about 1 inch x 2 inches. Cut the number of pieces so that each mold has 1 cucumber slice.
2. Using your fingers grab about 2 tablespoons of the warm rice and start to mold the rich into a 2 inch by 1 inch block.
3. Carefully place your molds on to a long plate in a creative manner. Carefully lay one slice of the tuna over each rice mold or you can roll the slices up and place one on each side of the mold. About 5 to 6 molds per person.
4. Drizzle the Sauce over the Oshi Sushi mold in a creative way. Garnish with fresh parsley leaf
Directions for the Sauce: Drizzle sauce over tuna and rice. If the balsamic is to thin, use
a medium skillet on medium high add the raspberry balsamic vinegar and continue cooking until you have syrup like texture. Transfer to a small squeeze bottle. Serve with a dollop of wasabi, and balsamic glaze: