It’s All About The Customer Featuring Guest Annette Franz
33 minutes · 2018
Listen to the full episode here: https://hyken.com/amazing-business-radio-show/amazing-business-radio-annette-franz-2/
Annette Franz returns to Amazing Business Radio to discuss becoming more customer-centric, how to understand your ideal customer, and journey mapping.
• The only way you’re going to design a product or service that customers will want and need is to understand their pain points, what problems they’re trying to solve, and what they’re trying to do.
• Creating a product is grounded in data, insight and customer understanding. Customer understanding can be achieved in three ways:
• Listen: Listening to the channels your customers are on and “listen” to existing customer data.
• Characterize: Developing personas instead of target demographics or segments.
• Empathize: Walk in your customers' shoes and create a journey map
• Instead of always ending the customer experience with the survey, you can take an extra step by listening to your customers on places like social media. The goal is to be where your customers are when they want to provide feedback.
• A Persona is a researched-based representation of your ideal customer. Organizations can have multiple personas for customers that have similar preferences, likes, needs, and pain points.
• Five reasons why every organization should journey map:
1. There’s no better way to understand the experience, what’s going right and what’s going wrong.
2. Journey mapping helps you design new and better experiences.
3. They are great communication and training tools for employees. You can use journey maps to train employees on what the experience should look like and align your organization around the customer.
4. Journey maps allow you to show instead of tell, which increases your chance of getting an executive commitment towards CX transformation.
5. Journey maps give employees who don’t usually interact with customers a clear line of sight to the customer.
Annette Franz is the CEO of CX Journey . For the last 25 years, she’s helped companies understand their employees, customers, and what drives engagement and retention.
Shep Hyken is a customer service and experience expert, New York Times bestselling author, award-winning keynote speaker, and your host of Amazing Business Radio.