30 Days to Better Customer Service with Featured Guest Doug Sandler
31 minutes · 2018
Listen to the full episode here: https://hyken.com/amazing-business-radio-show/amazing-business-radio-doug-sandler-2/
• Doug shared five traits that can improve your customer service skills in 30 days or less. He calls them the Nice Guy 30 :
• Return Every Phone Call
• Return Every E-Mail
• Deliver Every Promise
• Be on Time, Every Time
• Connect Twice a Day
• A Journey Map is the representation of the entire customer experience, from their first interaction with your organization to becoming a customer or referrer and every interaction in between.
• Journey mapping allows you to visually represent the experience the customer has throughout the entire process of doing business with you. It can help your management, the people working for your organization and even your customers.
• Journey mapping allows you to see where your customers are having friction points and where you're having internal friction caused by employee overlap. Once you’ve identified a potential problem, it becomes easier to fix.
• Consider including your customers in the journey mapping process, because they can look at things from a different perspective. It’s important you speak with happy customers as well as angry “ex” customers.
• Doug shared a “risk-quadrant” that allows organizations to determine the risk and value of specific steps along the customer journey. Do your best to add low-risk, high-value opportunities and eliminate high-risk, low-value opportunities.
• High-risk, low-value
A high-risk, low-value opportunity is a place where your customer is likely to get stuck in your system and not be satisfied with the end result.
• Low-risk, high-value
A low-risk, high-value opportunity is easy for you to do and it enhances the customer experience.
Doug Sandler is a nationally recognized speaker and writer. In 2015, he published the award-winning book Nice Guys Finish First . Currently, Doug is the CEO of Turnkey Podcast Productions. Because of his expertise, he also helps organizations create effective journey maps that improve the customer experience.
Shep Hyken is a customer service and experience expert, New York Times bestselling author, award-winning keynote speaker, and your host of Amazing Business Radio.
“Never ignore the comments that your frontline is making. They are a critical component to improving your customer experience.” - Doug Sandler