Are You Ready To Spend More Time On What You LOVE? A Conversation with Gay Hendricks
34 minutes · 2018
In this episode we explore how to unleash and live in your genius. How do you discover what your genius is? How can you spend more and more of your time doing what you love? We discuss how you can unlock the incredible potential within yourself and avoid the traps that may stop you from getting there. We share the lessons learned from working with more than 20,000 people to help them on their own journeys to genius - and give you the exact strategies and tactics to create a positive upward spiral of genius for yourself with our guest Dr. Gay Hendricks.
Dr. Gay Hendricks is the president of the Hendricks Institute and has been a thought leader in the fields of relationship transformation and body-mind therapies for over 45 years. Gay earned his Ph.D in counseling psychology from Stanford and taught at the University of Colorado for 21 years and has conducted seminars across the globe. He is also a multi-bestselling author, having written more than 40 books most recently The Joy of Geniuswhich was released earlier this year!
• The 2 big issues that human beings face
• Upper limit problems
• Living in your genius
• People get used to operating at a certain level of success, happiness, etc - we often trip these fears that cause us to sabotage back to the levels we feel we deserve
• Lessons from working with over 20,000 people and 5000 couples
• Almost everyone, no matter how successful you are, has a lot of potential left to be developed
• You need to make a commitment to bringing forth your genius. You have absolutely no idea how much potential you have left inside of yourself.
• It doesn’t matter how bright you are - it’s about making an inner commitment to bringing your genius out. That inner commitment is the first starting place.
• How Gay went from spending 10% of his life doing what he loves - it took him years to get to 30%, years more to get to 50% - until 20 years later he spends 90% of his time doing what he loves
• The first thing you need to do is find out if you’re courageous enough to make a heart felt commitment to living in your zone of genius
• Simple Mantra - “I Commit To Bringing Forth My Genius No Matter What It Takes"
• You must find 10 minutes per day committed to finding your genius
• Genius is addictive and its contagious - the more you do it, the more you want to do it , the more you inspire people with your genius, the more people who get inspired
• What is the genius Move? How can you do it everyday?
• What’s a Genius Moment? We are confronted with them every day.
• A genius moment may look like a problem at the surface, but it’s often actually an invitation to spot your genius
• There are some things you can control, and some things you cannot control
• What often makes miserable is focusing on things that we don’t have control over whatsoever
• None of us have any control whatsoever over the past - the only reason to think about the past is to identify something in this moment that you can do differently
• True creativity is when you’re expressing your own genius - and when you’re doing it in a way that is inspiring others around you
• “All of humanities problems stem from not being able to sit quietly in a room” - Blaise Pascal
• Homework: Sit for 10 minutes quietly living with the question of “What is my genius?"
• If you already know what your genius is - ask yourself “ How can I bring forth my genius in a way that inspires me and other people I interact with?"
• How a