$83M Exit- Sharran Srivatsaa, Teles
57 minutes · 2018
Listen to the full episode here
Sharran Srivatsaa Exited Teles After Growing to $83M in Top Line Revenues
Sharran talks about the ability to grow by staying in your own lane, the power of kindness, and the strength of a good culture.
In this episode, Steve, Mary, Richard, and Sharran discuss:
• The importance of answering one question – “What do you do?”
• Know your singularity of focus to filter your actions as a company.
• Memorializing learnings and committing to what you have learned.
• How Kingston Lane is growing and going international right from the beginning of the business.
• Replacing the hustle and grind with systems and scale.
• Every distraction is costing you a fortune
• Hire a coach/mentor who has been there and can support your growth
• Meet your clients and partners where they are at and create an epiphany for them.
• Never underestimate the power of culture and the power of kindness.
• Selling a result is easier to sell than selling a service.
“Good companies always went to market every year.” — Sharran Srivatsaa
About Sharran Srivatsaa:
Sharran Srivatsaa is the CEO of Kingston Lane, a push-button technology execution platform for real estate. The California Business Journal called Sharran “The Agent Whisperer” for his innovative contributions to the real estate industry.
Sharran is a serial entrepreneur, sought after keynote speaker, and a respected thought-leadership resource for publications such as the Wall Street Journal, SUCCESS magazine, Huffington Post and Forbes.
Most recently, Sharran led Teles Properties’ unprecedented 10x growth over 5 years and a 4-year consecutive streak on the Inc. 500 fastest growing companies list resulting in it’s acquisition by national real estate powerhouse Douglas Elliman.
Prior to Teles, Sharran worked at both Goldman Sachs and Credit Suisse, where he collaborated with management teams of fast-growing businesses around the country on investment advisory and corporate strategy. Sharran also spent several years building recreational programs in the Caribbean, Middle East, and Hawaii for some of the finest international resorts such as the Four Seasons and Ritz-Carlton, also has deep experience working with technology companies such as Lightera (acquired by CIENA) and Obopay, a fast-growth mobile payments company.
Sharran is a Principal at Srilo Ventures, a multi-factor private investment fund that focuses investing in and advising technology companies and operating businesses in the real estate industry. Having successfully completed many acquisitions, joint-ventures, management buyouts, mergers, and capital raises, Sharran serves as a director and advisor on numerous company boards.
He is also a member of the Genius Network, the highest-level marketing mastermind in the world led by whizkid Joe Polish, and also a member of Young President’s Organization (YPO).
After competing on the professional tennis tour, Sharran received his Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from Luther College and his MBA with Honors from Vanderbilt University. Sharran lives in Orange County with his family.
Connect with Sharran Srivatsaa:
Facebook: Sharran Srivatsaa
The 5amClub for Entrepreneurs: 5amClub.net
VIP List/Daily Mojo: FreeDailyMojo.com
Youtube: Million D