$30M Exit- David Hauser, Grasshopper
56:34 · 2019
Listen to the full episode here
David Hauser Grew Grasshopper for $30 M in ARR before Exiting
From bootstrapped to $30M exit…David Hauser shares the details of starting, scaling, and exiting Grasshopper.
In this episode, Steve, Mary, Richard, and David discuss:
• How he started, scaled, and exited Grasshopper.
• How he attracted talented employees to the business.
• The difference between $1M and $10M in how the company ran.
• Seeing opportunities around you and taking advantage of those opportunities.
• The future of SaaS.
• Always Be Learning.
• Build people, systems and process for the current stage of the company not where you expect to be 5 years from now.
• Don’t be afraid to work with those experienced in their field as you grow and sell your business. It may cost something, but it is worth it.
• Break down your ideas into component parts, there’s something you can do now.
• Be helpful and timely in your responses to others.
“We were good at marketing and sales, and then packaging something for a certain segment of the market that other people had not done. That’s where we became very good.” — David Hauser
About David Hauser:
David Hauser is an Inc 30 under 30 Serial Entrepreneur, Angel Investor, and Speaker. He bootstrapped his company Grasshopper to $30M+ in ARR before being acquired by Citrix. David is also the Founder of Chargify, a profitable SaaS company with an investment from Mark Cuban. He’s also an angel investor in a variety of successful startups including Intercom, Unbounce, Munchery, and Groove. David is the Author of Evolve: Optimize Your Life, Body, and Mind. He shares the Framework for Optimization needed to control your evolution.
Connect with David Hauser:
Book: Evolve: Optimize Your Life, Body & Mind
LinkedIn: David Hauser
Crunchbase: David Hauser
Angel: David Hauser
Connect with Steve Olsher:
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/u/1/+SteveOlsher
Search for:Recent Posts
• $10M+ Exit – Chip Conley, Joie de Vivre Hospitality
• $10M+ in annual revenue- Sabri Suby, King Kong
• $36M in annual revenue- Marx Acosta-Rubio, Onestop
• $83M Exit- Sharran Srivatsaa, Teles
• $30M Exit- David Hauser, Grasshopper
• $30M in annual revenue- Colin Wayne, Redline Steel
• $50M in revenue- Steve Layton, Layton Groups
• Multiple 8 and 9 Figure Exits – Roland Frasier
• $34M in revenue- Antonio T. Smith, Jr. ATS Jr Companies
• $10+ M Exit- Dan Kuschell
• $10+ M Exit- Melissa Krivachek, Melissa Krivachek Companies
• $11M Exit- Viki Winterton, Expert Insights Publishing
• $10.5M Exit- Mitch Russo, Timeslips Corporation
• £11.2M Exit- Jonny Cooper, Money Desk
• $4.5B Exit- Christopher Lochhead, Mercury Interactive
• $100M in Annual Revenue – Reid Tracy, Hay House, Inc.
• $20M in Annual Revenue – Anik Singal, Lurn
• Billionaire Naveen Jain, Viome
• Brian Smith | UGG Australia
• Introducing Beyond 8 Figu