Were making stuffed your face burgers today on Cook Like A. Champion.
Bacon Cheese Stuffed Bacon-Hot Garlic Sauce Makes 2 giant stuffed burgers
INGREDIENTS QU QUANTITY PROCEDURE
Ground Chuck 1 ½ 6 ounce patties
Garlic Cloves 2 large Minced
Steak Seasoning 2 to 3 tablespoon/to taste Or your favorite season blend
Worcestershire Sauce 2 tablespoons
Hickory Liquid Smoke 2 teaspoons
Smoked Apple Bacon 4 slices Fully cooked/Nueske’s
3 Pepper Jack Cheese 2 slices or 4 ounce
Red Onion ½ cup Sliced and lightly sautéed
Portabella Mushrooms ½ cup Sliced and lightly sautéed
Kiser Role 2 Or you favorite hamburger bun
Hot Garlic Sauce ¼ cup Legend Larry’s
1. Preheat your grill to 300 degrees or use a large non-stick skillet on medium heat.
2. Using a medium size bowl add the ground chuck. Mix in the steak seasoning, garlic, liquid smoke, and Worcestershire sauce. Make sure all is mixed well. Allow marinating for about 10 minutes for the flavors can marry.
3. Using a small skillet add 1 teaspoons of butter. When hot add the onion and mushroom and lightly sauté for about 1 to 2 minutes. Set to the side for assembly of the burgers.
4. Divide the ground meat into 4 equal balls. Using a hamburger press or your hands, press each burger to a perfect round the size of a normal burger. Add 1 to 2 slices of folded bacon to the center of each patty. Top each with the folded cheese then divide the onion/mushroom mixture & bacon among the 2 of the burger patties directly in the center. P.S.: Don’t over stuff. Top each patty of with the other patty and carefully mold them together into one solid burger patty. Press as flat as possible.
5. Add the burgers to the grill or skillet and allow cooking on both sides for about 5-7 minutes depending on desired doneness.
6. Brush the burgers generously with the hot garlic sauce and place in the oven and cook for a few more minutes. This should get you medium-well. You can cut into it after about 8 minutes to check doneness. Remove from the grill and allow resting for 2 minutes so the juices can settle.
Serve your burger on a Kaiser roll with your favorite fixings. Suggested fixings. Mayo, mustard, spring mix, and Roma tomato slices, and pickle spears.
Recipe Created by: Chef Ace Champion