Women Who Lead: Leading As Ourselves
43:31 · 2019
View All of Our Mental Health Podcasters:
What does it mean for female leaders to lead as themselves? Join hosts Catherine Greer Limpo and Kristin Sunanta Walker as they explore the statements below on this terrific show in our Women Who Lead series on Mental Health News Radio.
Leading as ourselves:
- being our actual selves
- speaking as we think or feel
- sharing our opinions as they are without bias
- having no fear in the way that we interact with others
- using our personal experiences to storytell and guide
- using our histories as a leaders tool
- current philosophies of the authentic leader
- authentic leader- diagram below
- Brene Brown- daring to lead, gifts of imperfection
- critique of authentic leadership not just tailoring of leadership to the audience
- following principles of experience, introspection, feedback, adjustment
- have movements like #metoo made it easier to be ourselves?
- speaking the truth
- the leadership opportunity
- our uniqueness and weaknesses makes us stronger
- 5 ways to develop strengths- 5-ways-discover-and-develop-your-unique-strengths
- ways our deepest weaknesses make us strong
- celebrating failure
- we can lead even through the things that create affect in our lives
- these things lend to our experience and our story
- these things make us authentic leaders who show up as themselves
Catherine Greer Limpo is a listener of a few shows on MHNR Network. She is also a mom, a friend, a leader, a professional, a mentor, a daughter, a sister, and most importantly, a mistake-maker. She has a deep desire to understand how we, as women, connect to one another and to our world as leaders. She identifies as an Oregonian, and is very thankful to live in and enjoy the Pacific Northwest with all of the outdoor beauty it has to offer.
Her mission is to help other women see the leader in themselves in every aspect of life, and despite our suffering or blemishes, to succeed. She has had multiple experiences and careers as a high level executive, and has been so fortunate to build relationships with special people throughout time and across the globe.
Kristin Sunanta Walker is the CEO of Mental Health News Radio Network.