Shep Hyken interviews Ryan Minton. They discuss his new book, “Thanks for Coming in Today ,” the hospitality industry, employee and customer appreciation, and the concept of aggressive hospitality.
In Shep’s Opening Monologue...
He discusses current trends in the digital customer service world.
The Interview with Ryan Minton:
• Having employees with a mentality of hospitality is always preferable to having employees with technical know-how.
• A successful business comes not only from having happy customers, but from having happy employees.
• Make a habit of showing appreciation to everyone in your business—employees, colleagues, and customers. Appreciation goes a long way.
• Operate with “aggressive hospitality.” Good customer service isn’t passive; it’s active, and you need to pursue it.
• Look forward to opportunities where you get to be someone’s first boss and use those opportunities to mentor your employees in the ways of good customer service. You get to establish what it means to be great manager or leader.
• Eliminate the phrase, “let me check with my manager” by giving your employees the tools and trust to handle issues.
• Empathy is crucial in delivering a positive customer experience. Put yourself in the customer’s shoes and allow that to drive your customer service.
Charles Ryan Minton is a customer service and employee experience expert, keynote speaker, author of, Thanks for Coming in Today: Creating a Culture Where Employees Thrive & Customer Service is Alive , and the president of CRM Hospitality & Consulting, LLC.
Shep Hyken is a customer service and experience expert, New York Times bestselling author, award-winning keynote speaker, and your host of Amazing Business Radio.
“Take care of the employees, and they’ll take care of the customer.” – Ryan Minton